Friday, July 13, 2012

A Tattoo Instead of the Beach?


July 13, 2012
Guadalajara

Looking at the weather report for today and trying to figure out my route home I've decided to forgo the beach and just take a few more relaxing days here in Guadalajara. Its been a while since I've felt at home and comfortable, but here at the hostel with the staff and my friends I feel totally at ease. Besides, their should be some big parties here tonight that I'd like to check out and I've been invited to join the restaurant owner next door to her band practice.

If I miss one things from my real home it has to be playing the drums. For me playing the drums is like a complete package. Its gets me going when I'm dragging ass, its a stress reliever, its a good workout, and its a great way to spend a good hour or so forgetting all about the problems and the difficulties in life. So when I was invited to attend the practice I had to say yes. It should be great to see how my mostly American rock roots compare to the flavor of the Latino music.

After the band practice there’s also a tattoo party that I've been invited to celebrating the grand opening of a new place. I've been told that there will be tons of women there looking to get tatted up, and that if I want I can get a number “13” for Friday the 13th for less then $10 dollars. While a tattoo would be a great way to remember the trip and I am interested in getting a final piece to celebrate my good health and good fortune, I'm not exactly sure a 13 will fit that bill, but we'll just have to see how many beers I have.

Like I said before I'm comfortable and its a great feeling to have friends and contacts again. For dinner tonight I'm dining at the girl's restaurant next door who I'm pretty sure my friend Pete has given up on, but it should be one of the nicest meals I've had in a while. Staying in one place means a lot of extra money as I'm not paying for the normal gas, oil, or the ridiculously expensive tolls when I'm on the road. After countless meals of street food I got an incredibly juicy and delicious steak with perfectly blended mashed potato and garlic bread pieces all for less then $10. For the past few weeks its been nothing but Tacorias and cheap food, but tonight I ate like a king.

In one or two days I will be back on the road heading for the border. While I look at the incredible list of places I've stayed in Mexico it still somehow manages to feel like not enough. Without a doubt this is an incredibly rich country with countless beautiful and awe inspiring places to see. Its been a great run for me personally, but I do hope that I'll get the chance to come back someday.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog to read, i enjoyed read and also send this URL to my friends. If you also want to know more about best places to explore then visit to http://www.beachcomberpete.com/

    ReplyDelete

So what did you think?