Friday, July 6, 2012

Streets of Doom!


July 5, 2012
Guadalajara, Mexico

I now I've made some poor decisions on my trip so far, but without a doubt today's was the worst. Leaving the safety of my motorcycle and public transportation including some really nice trains I traded all that in for the stupidity of a bicycle that has surely seen better days then today. With each squeak of its wheels, chain, and barely held together frame I made my way out into the city to finally see some sights but damn near killed myself in the process. While cars will wait for motorcyclists or pedestrians kindly waiving them on most drivers seem totally oblivious to bikes. Every turn I made seemed to lead me directly into the path of a towering bus ready to run me over rather than be late for its next stop. The sites were great though and it was nice to see so much of the city, but with the size of Guadalajara that the other cities that I've been to lack, it also has much less charm then the other places. Here its block after block of stores, cafeterias, and not a lot of things to see. I'm sure the old part of the city must be nice to visit, but after two hours of near death experiences I was ready to be done. From now on I think I'll stick to Saphira. Let's just hope she didn't get jealous.

If you look closely she seems to be holding the pigeons perched on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what did you think?