Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hanging out with the Barenaked Ladies, my bro, and mucho Margaritas!


Blues Traveler rocking our world!
 July 23, 2012
Dallas, Texas

Its been a great couple of (really hot!!) days with my brother here in Dallas and I couldn't be happier with the time I got to spend with him. Weighing heavily on my mind, I knew at the beginning that coming on this trip would mean missing two amazing concerts back home: Dave Matthews Band at Darien Lake, and Blues Traveler and Barenaked Ladies at CMAC. But as luck would have it while searching the net for things to do to my surprise I found that Barenaked Ladies and Blues Traveler were coming Dallas one day after me and Ian should have parted ways.

Hearing the songs I grew up with from BNL!
Like any good adventure traveler though we quickly changed plans, made new ones, and had a blast at the show. It was an incredible night “sipping” Margaritas with my brother, with Blues Traveler putting on another epic show with the incredible abilities of John Popper and the band, and the Barenaked Ladies rocking out in their own original fun kind of way. Although they're from Toronto which is only a couple hours away from my home and I've always been a big fan since the 90's, last night was my first time getting to see them in concert. They played a lot of their hits, some new stuff, and just really seemed to have a great time doing what they loved the most.

One of the best parts of the night though was (like I always do [I know... CREEPER!]) was camping out outside their tour bus. Like always though, before long we got to meet the members of the Barenaked Ladies and each one seemed truly impressed with my little brothers veteran status and were a lot of fun to talk to. While it must be weird for them to try and make small talk every night with people they've never met before, you couldn't tell as they all seemed like a lot of fun, easy going, and great to talk to. A huge thanks to the Barenaked Ladies for a great show last night and taking the time to say hello! Not knowing they were all going to come out I found myself with nothing for them to sign, except of course for my passport. Lets hope its still good!

I should be hitting the road today for Little Rock, Arkansas. Its only 2 hours away from Memphis, so it should put me in a great position to see the city the next day. From this point on I will be couch surfing and now that I have a few references it seems to be getting easier to find hosts. As of now I have one invitation from a guy in Memphis with a rather interesting life style. While it sounds like a great new experience especially for the blog (and myself who claims I'll try anything), it's going to be something that I'll have to think about...

Chilling with Ed Robertson!
Jim Creegan! (Bass)

A bad pic of the great Tyler Stewart (Drums)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what did you think?