Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My intentions...

Chicago, Illinois

It's probably getting to that point where I should state my intentions so that we're all on the same page and yes I'm only referring to my trip here.  Sure this could have been made easier by reconstructing the "about me" section before I had left, but I'm pretty sure I didn't know what to write before today if you had asked me.  What is for sure is the old "about me" doesn't even exist anymore.  No really it doesn't after I accidentally deleted it while working with Magan from A state.  Hidden meaning here?  Possibly, but that's all I'm saying on that subject for now.

I hinted at it from the first post but this trip will be less about escapism then the previous.  With my bike's new paint job i'd also like to think that this trip has a little more style as well but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Instead what this trip will be about is 3 very important things in my life: (1) Travel, (2) Food!, and last but not least for the budget minded (or less then wealthy like myself) (3) Budget.  My main plan is to try and travel as economically as possible while still enjoying myself.  Secondly, I'll be looking to find the best regional eats in town without destroying my budget (or my digestive tract), and thirdly seeing as many historic American travel stops as possible.   When talking about my travels with other people it's always been painfully obvious to me that I haven't seen much of the states.  In actuality I think I've actually been to more countries then I have states but I'll count that some other time.  So with the help of an expired passport and a little over 7 more weeks I hope to fix this while providing readers with some kind of travel guide.

And now that my intentions are hopefully clear, and we can all see I'm no longer running, really just exploring I think I'll head out to hit the city streets of Chicago again.  The sun is shining, the weather is warm, and I think it's going to be a great day.  Let's just hope my bike is where I parked it for a fee equal to that of my lodging!

2 comments:

  1. If you make it to Phoenix and want GREAT food, check out Matt's Big Breakfast! Best meal I've ever had!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca I'll keep that in mind! Phoenix isn't off the table completely but we'll see! Hope your enjoying the blog. Lots more to come tomorrow after an epic finale to Chicago!

      Delete

So what did you think?