Saturday, June 15, 2013

Long ride through No Where!

June 15, 2013
Wall, South Dakota
Distance Traveled: 1691

So after four days of being on the road I'm officially exhausted!  I've put around 1000 miles of road in between myself and Chicago and the fast pace is starting to take its toll.  Today by mistake I underestimated the distance between my last stop and the Badlands by over a hundred miles, so pulling into the town right next to the park I gave up the tent in exchange for a motel room.  I'm currently watching TV with a belly full of food I didn't prepare for myself, the TVs on, the AC is on full blast and it feels great! 

Tomorrow will be less of a travel day and more of a touristy day.  I'll be getting a free cup of ice water from the world famous Wall Drug (that I've been reading billboards on for the last hundred miles!), driving through the scenic route of the Badlands, and setting up camp at its free rustic campground.  It should be a really nice, but hopefully easy!  Something that would really help is a change of scenery.  There is literally nothing out here for hundreds of miles.  Just today I saw a sign "no services for 66 miles."  I peg the speedometer at around 70 and head in the same direction for hours.  A change of scenery would be perfect!  If not though an easy day will do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what did you think?