Thursday, June 27, 2013

Espresso Hut Anyone?

June 27, 2013
Seattle, Washington
Distance traveled: 3285 miles

After a brief hiatus I do believe I'm back!  I'm not going to lie I was exhausted.  Everyday more so then the last no matter the sleep I got the night before, with every ride in one of the most impressive regions in the US being that much more draining.  Thankfully though a couple days ago I managed to run into a friendly face up in the stunning Anacortes, Washington and that really helped build up some more steam.  But I'm skipping past a little bit here and getting ahead of myself so let's see where's I left off...

... Well after writing for a couple hours I've some how managed to lose all my work so here's the highlights for your enjoyment:

-Met a couple in Montana who showed me some amazing hospitality, was sure the husband was going to chop me up with a chainsaw, but proved to me you can't judge a book by its cover.

-Relaxed an extra day before a gargantuan 400 mile ride through the incredible mountains of Montana and North Idaho finding a ghost town motel to shack up in for the night in Ritzville, Washington.

-Road what should have been an easy 180 miles through pouring rain in the stunning Cascades but couldn't enjoy it at all due to the freezing temps and soaking down pour.

-Had an awesome time with Krissy (finally someone i knew!!) and the couple she rents from having the meal of a life time: lamb burgers with beats and piled high with other fresh veggies.  Spent too much time with her at a bar, paid for it the next day, but relaxed and went for an amazing walk.

-Left yesterday as to not overstay my welcome and went on another epic ride through the islands, a short ferry trip, and then to my cozy hostel 30 minutes south of Seattle.

Now I think that about sums up the last few days in a short but concise easy to read fashion.  Although Seattle seems like a pretty amazing city I haven't had a chance to check it out yet at all.  Yesterday I had the incredible luck to meet up with my long lost best friend in high school who I haven't seen in 11 years, but as fate would prove its all encompassing will once again disaster struck...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what did you think?