Thursday, July 4, 2013

Highway 101 for Two!

July 6th, 2013
Fortuna, California
Distance traveled: 4030 miles
It's been 5 days since the lone motorcycle rider for truth and justice (our just good times, beer, and food!) has picked up his riding partner affectionately referred to as Magzy and in case you couldn't tell from the excessive gap between posts, it's been a wild ride but more to come on that topic later.
Before I picked her up from the Portland airport and before I stayed at any of my friends houses the long silent stretches of riding eating and sleeping had begun to wear on me.  For anyone who doesn't know me I love to talk, so much so that I will talk to pretty much anyone I see whether I know them or not.  While I believe that sometimes silence and thoughtfulness can be good, most of the time you'll find me rambling on about something or other most likely ad nasuem.
Enter Magzy.  For the last 5 days I've had someone to share each breathtaking site with, each winding cliff side switch back road, and each joy of success and frustration with trouble and just as I suspected she's a perfect traveling companion. She keeps me calm when I'm annoyed, keeps me on my toes with her jokes, and the almost child like amazement in her eyes when we see something incredible around almost every turn makes the experience that much better.  All of that without even mentioning how I even briefly considered turning around after I found myself missing her immensely. 
On top of her arrival this has been some of the best/craziest 5 days of the trip.  We've seen and experienced so much: Portland, the Oregon Coast, bandit camping as I like to refer to it as, and oh yeah.  My bike broke down big time!  Another disaster story is right around the corner but for now I should probably start getting ready as we have a four hour drive to Magzy's final destination on the trip: about 3 days in San Francisco.

2 comments:

  1. These pics are beautiful! I just love the trees. They're amazing, aren't they? The ocean view is just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they really are! Magan took a video from the back of the bike while we were ridding through. If she is ever around with her ipad you should ask her to check it out!!

      Delete

So what did you think?